We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Online/Multiplayer Engineer to deliver a best in class networked gameplay experience and online services for a Gears of War game.   As a candidate, you should understand and have experience with the requirements and issues of games networking and large scale online services and should be able to make appropriate engineering decisions to meet requirements and mitigate issues.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the online services and back-end systems meet the requirements of the design and scale robustly to meet anticipated online user demands.
• You will be responsible for implementing the multiplayer game experience in partnership with design and engineering teams.
• Design, prototype, implement and optimizes online game features, modes, systems, services and tools.
• Work closely with the Lead Online/Multiplayer Engineer and engineering leads to ensure online solutions meet software requirements, and integrate effectively with the overall game.
• Analyzes and mitigates risk in the online development schedule.
• Works closely with Online Designers consulting on online technical considerations and to ensure solutions meet design requirements.
• Experience with game server architecture design and implementation with understanding of game server security, performance and load scaling considerations.
• Online lead experience shipping a current generation AAA console game.
• Experience shipping multiplayer action/shooter games highly desired.
• Ability to take direction and give direction.
• BSc in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with high level / object oriented languages (C++, C#).
• 7-8+ years of professional programming experience.
• Game-specific networking experience including object replication, client-server and peer-to- Peer architectures, authority, time synchronization & prediction.
• Low-level networking experience including sockets, TCP/UDP, bandwidth optimization, messaging (reliable and unreliable), QoS, NAT, etc.
• Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded, networked environment.
• Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience.
• Experience developing: Sign-in flow, Match Making, leaderboards, VOIP a plus.
• Experience supporting live online operations post launch a plus.
• Web Services & RESTful architectures experience a plus.
• Database (SQL) development and query optimization experience desired.
• Windows Azure or other cloud compute platform experience desirable.
• Experience with UGC and DLC a plus.
• Experience with Xbox Live (Xbox One/360/PC) networking a plus.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.   Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.