Ever wanted to work with the latest Microsoft devices and services technologies and partner with the world’s top developers?
Our partners are building amazing applications and we are looking for a Data Scientist with strong analytical and developer skills to join the DX Technical Team with the objective to drive adoption and development of industry leading applications and services across devices by transforming data from our customers/partners into deep insights.
The most successful candidate will have years of experience analyzing data from a wide range of datasets and across a breadth of technology platforms. They are driven by the desire to solve problems for partners whether by leveraging sophisticated custom machine learning models or straightforward data analysis. They enjoy rapid and changing projects and have strong analytical skills, technical aptitude and a collaborative work style. We are looking for people who see challenges as opportunities and people who can look at complex problems and are able to provide actionable insights and informed decisions.
As part of the role, the candidate will need to work closely with other engineering groups, provide partner feedback, and influence the roadmap for future product releases. The candidate will also engage with partners to chart their applications’ architectural direction and develop the resulting solutions. Based on their deep expertise developing this software, the candidate will present at top industry events.
This candidate will be responsible for:
•      Apply machine learning and predictive modeling techniques across the business
•      Developing commercially available solutions using OSS, Windows, Azure, Bing, and Office technologies.
•      Technical subject matter expertise in OSS and Microsoft technologies to build code and other technical content to support developer events, architecture design sessions, and resolve issues.
•      Providing subject matter expertise and leadership to Microsoft teams worldwide.
•      Working closely with Microsoft teams to influence the future product roadmap.
•      Developing and driving new ways of thinking across groups within the division to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
•      8+ years of machine learning, business intelligence and quantitative analysis experience
•      Minimum of 3 years of experience working with ISVs, Developers, or Technology Business Partners.
•      Minimum of 3 years of experience working with application development practices in a medium to large software development team setting.
•      Expertise in machine learning with a broad understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning methods
•      Strong algorithmic background
•      Deep knowledge of applied statistics, data-mining strategies and ability to prototype solutions quickly
•      Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with hands-on experience applying it to big data and the ability to translate insights to executive level audiences
•      A deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, and emerging trends
•      Great communication and presentation skills
•      Broad functional knowledge base to solve complex customer problems
•      A sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services
•      Exceptional decision making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with ISV partners
•      Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in computer science, math, statistics, engineering, physics or science
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations or ordinances.