We are looking for an experienced and driven individual who can manage our Live Operations team and evolve support capabilities for our on-line titles and properties.   You will be responsible for driving systems analysis, operational enablement, and change management initiatives that enable this growth.   You will work with various studio teams to define operational requirements for new features and services and develop the operational capabilities around them.   You will also develop relationships with Microsoft teams that operate systems our products are dependent on to improve support and quality of platform and central services.
• Oversee the operational health of all studio titles and properties in production, ensure measures and processes are in place to monitor health in real-time and rapidly triage any operational issues that arise.
• Manage the Live Operations Team readiness activities to support new games and features as they are launched.   Required dashboards, alerts, reports, tools, and processes are all in place to enable rapid incident detection and response.
• Manage the on-boarding of new game services or other dependency systems into the Live Operations Team purview.   Complete a thorough analysis of the systems to be supported in such a way that all team members can understand, investigate, and diagnose related operational issues.
• Understand and help team improve the telemetry pipeline, schema, and OI data flow.   Evaluate new tools/technologies and define processes that improve production systems monitoring and operations.
• Work with the Live Operations team staff to identify new initiatives that will improve the team’s effectiveness, increase capability/responsibility, and better serve studio and development teams’ needs.
o Empowers team to problem solve at all times.
o Consistently removes obstacles for team.
o Directs resources and process towards vision.
o Resourceful and thoughtful in making decisions in a timely manner.
o Self-motivated, self-directed and able to lead and motivate others.
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to think creatively to overcome challenges and achieve results under pressure.
• Exceptional project management skills and ability to effectively manage and drive multiple complex initiatives forward simultaneously.
• Well organized with strong attention to detail.
• 6-8 years of experience with IT projects involving team leadership, project management, systems analysis, software development, operations, and change management aspects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields strongly preferred.
• Experience with complex systems analysis and architectural modelling approaches and work products.
• Experienced with production systems operations management and best practices.
• Familiar with Service Desk and IT operations and related best practices.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.   Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights