Skype is looking for a highly skilled, motivated software engineer with a keen interest in security to join Skype Security Engineering. As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will closely collaborate with Skype Infosec teams to identify, design and implement features, tools and frameworks so that Skype products are created with security as a core focus and can be enjoyed and consumed by millions for their day-to-day communication needs. Skype is a dynamic environment at the cutting edge of mobile first / cloud first computing, with a global workforce. Come join us as we transform communication and collaboration for enterprises and consumers.
Experience and qualifications:
• 3+ years C#, .Net, Java, Python, Web technologies, Visual Studio
• Extensive experience in designing, developing and testing software components
• Evaluate and promote the use of automated solutions to assist manual security reviews in identifying security related issues.
• Liaise with Product Owners in Security and Engineering teams to establish key User Stories. Coordinate rollout of automation solutions to Security and Engineering platforms
• Ability to identify and evaluate security solutions within Microsoft and the broader security industry and reuse/adapt/extend them for use at Skype
• Create and provide training resources to assist teams in on-boarding Security tooling
• Continuous Integration and Build systems knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, ability to work as part of a distributed global team
• A working knowledge of Agile Development.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.   Reporting, Data Analytics knowledge a plus     Domain knowledge of product security analysis techniques and tools is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.