Are you a UX/feature centric PM that is great at building partner relationships? Do you want to work on one of Satya’s top areas of investment? Do you want to work on a feature area in our premier developer cloud services product, Visual Studio Team Services, like “Code”,” Work” and so on?
If so, read on!
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is Microsoft’s next generation of development tools and services in the cloud! VSTS is the foundation of our Microsoft internal One Engineering System (1ES) and a rapidly growing external offering for customers of all sizes and types of engineering efforts.
We have an amazing opportunity for a talented Program Manager to own and drive a set of experiences in the modern requirements management feature within VSTS.
Modern requirements management is about managing a set of requirements that span multiple teams in an organization. For example, it could be business and execution requirements for a partnership that need to be filled by multiple organizations in Microsoft, it could compliance and certification efforts.
Our goal is to deliver a set of experiences which position Microsoft as a leader in how we build software which we can then productize and monetize.
We are looking for a talented user experience focused PM who can help us define and deliver the next wave of best in class experiences in VSTS. Come onboard to build one of the most mission-critical cloud services in C+E.
We use a data oriented and customer centric approach where we will get customer feedback early and often, and invest in formative user research.
This is a high visibility role that requires a lot of partnering across the developer division, C+E, and all of Microsoft.
•      Work with partners and development to define and deliver experiences that provide the workflow and process for requirements and compliance management
•      Work with partners to understand their UX needs and work with development to define and deliver the operational infrastructure that supports all policy experiences
•      Drive user research, telemetry, and A/B testing to provide best in class data driven insights
•      Work with UX designers to design experiences that are both highly effective and aesthetically pleasing
How we work:
•        We ship every three weeks to our cloud service (Visual Studio Team Services)
•        We ship quarterly to our on-premises customers (Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server)
•        We are agile. In fact, we build agile tools so we get it
•        Our teams are self-managing. We believe in autonomy, mastery, and purpose
•        We work in cross-discipline teams
•        We have a flat organizational chart
Do you have:
•      Minimum of 3+ years prior program management experience
•      Passionate about providing best in class user experiences
•      Experience with data driven decision making
•      Highly motivated, highly collaborative individuals
•      Strong desire to innovate, grow, and learn new industry trends
•      Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to work across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve great results
•      Strong organizational skills with the ability to negotiate compromises, consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs
If you have read this far, then you should talk to us. There is a whole lot more left to do and we would love to have you join the fun.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.