Many millions of users depend on Skype and Skype for Business every day for instant messaging, conferencing, app sharing and more. In the Infrastructure team, we are building a massively scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant system that allows users and administrators to configure the system and set up policies. This information has to be available for many other services to consume at very high rates and with very low latency. It also allows the internal engineering teams to change the behavior of their services, manage controlled rollouts and conduct experiments.
Building and running services at scale is not easy, but it is a lot of fun. We are always looking for smart, passionate engineers to help us do it - in this case, an Engineering Manager to lead the team which owns this service and other components. If you have a proven track record as an engineering manager and as an individual contributor, you could be a great fit for our team and we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for engineers that have:
•      BS or MS in Computer Science, or related degree
•      8+ years of relevant software development experience in C#/C++ or related technologies
•      Experience mentoring and leading junior and senior engineers to grow in their careers
•      Prior experience in leading a team to deliver challenging, high-scale projects
•      Experience building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
•      Demonstrable passion for software quality, from naming conventions to disaster recovery
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.