How would you like to help save the world of Sera from the coming Locust plague? The Coalition, a Microsoft game studio developing one the world’s most beloved video game franchises, Gears of War, is looking for talented Software Engineers to help develop their online services. Our Services Software Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying industry-leading robust, secure, and scalable web services for the Gears of War series. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application to support console, Windows, and multi-screen experiences.
As part of The Coalition's Services Team located in both Vancouver and Redmond, you will be able to collaborate with talented engineers, artists, and designers across all of Xbox and Microsoft Game Studios, while creating huge impact on the future of Gears of War.
● Work with project leads to design, implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services in support of public-facing online applications.
● Design, implement and support the Integration Xbox Live Services into client and server applications.
● Work closely with design and production teams to realize application functionality.
● Make architectural recommendations for performance and stability and security.
● Analyze feature designs and devise technical solutions.
● Assist with planning, estimation and distribution of work.
● Develop deployment process and mechanisms.
● Develop and implement stress testing plans.
●Helps Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
● Bachelors of Science
● 3+ years of experience developing and shipping using object oriented programming languages (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
● 2+ years of experience with modern web technologies such as ASP.NET, IIS, WCF, RESTful services, streaming media, etc.
● Experience developing scalable server solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
● Experience building online services for web or game applications.
● Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
● Experience with planning for secure online deployments and operations.
● Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (AWS EC2, Windows Azure).
● Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models an asset.
● Experience developing: Sign-in flow, Match Making, leaderboards, VOIP a plus.
● Experience with Xbox Live (360/PC) networking a plus.
● Passion for web and mobile technology.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.   Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.