The Coalition are looking for a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for carrying out engine level optimizations for the Gears of War Franchise.   You should have interest and knowledge of low level optimizations and be keen to learn how to optimize at the algorithmic level.   You will be hands on, able to demonstrate competent programming skills and adept at working well with technical and non-technical team members.
- Responsible for implementing module systems architecture to meet quality and performance expectations.
- Responsible for helping implement systems and features required for the game in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Help drive the analysis of design issues.
- Responsible for contributing to the planning, estimation and distribution of work.
- Works closely with the other Engine teams.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in video games.
- University level degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalent industry experience.
- Capable level of C++ w/ strong object oriented design skills and preferably experience in lower level languages.
- Experience and knowledge of game engine systems (preferably in UE4).
- Experience working on systems for at least an existing console/PC title (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One).
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Interest in optimizing multi-threaded/multi-core systems is highly desired.
- An awareness of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate well.
- Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience and visuals.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.   Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.