Are you a seasoned Product Manager looking to make a big impact, both directly and through a team of PMs, on a product that makes people’s lives better?
The everyday employees who use Yammer tell us that they feel smarter, more appreciated by their coworkers, and more connected to the jobs where they spend 8+ hours a day, every day. That’s what motivates us to come to work, support each other, and keep making our product better.
Is this the right job for you?
• You are passionate about growing a team, and empowering them to become future leaders.
• You believe that the best ideas should win, and you’re not afraid of advocating for or supporting a less popular idea on its merits. You are also not afraid to admit when you are wrong.
• You get excited about tackling big, complicated, and often ambiguous problems and have autonomy in decision making.
• You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology.
• You love products - trying new things, asking yourself, why did they build it that way, questioning what would happen if you’re comfortable communicating and negotiating across the organization, you get your points across without being a jerk, and people like working with you even if they might disagree with you, you’ve got good UX instincts you won’t need to do your own design, but you’ll need to work effectively with your designer and researcher peers.
• You enjoy thinking analytically, you won’t be expected to write SQL queries, but you’ll need to work effectively with your data analyst peers.
This is what you’ll be doing:
• Manage a growing team of product managers (4-6 people)
• Suggest and lead changes in our organizational structure, execution, and systems.
• Collaborate with other leaders in product, design, research, analytics, and engineering to determine product strategy and prioritize what will bring the most value to our users and customers.
• Manage the product development process from conception through design, build, release, experimentation, analysis, and iteration.
• Analyze data to optimize performance and focus on the product areas with the highest potential to drive usage.
• Constantly learning, asking questions, being humble, and supporting your team members.
• Using the product, we’re building every day, and constantly questioning how we can make it more useful for our users and customers.
This is how we do it:
• Build iteratively, ship quickly, test our assumptions, and learn -- it keeps us humble.
• Rotate project areas and across product goals it keeps us from being silo’ed. This means your team will work on every aspect of the product.
• Bring in all the right resources (data analysts, research, design, copy, engineering) from the beginning, it keeps us respectful of a diversity of perspectives.
• You have designed and shipped products that lots of people use and love. Depending on the size and type of teams/companies you have worked at in the past, that could translate to anywhere from 4-10+ years of experience.
• Previous experience as a people manager is a plus.
Candidates must be able to meet customer security screening requirements as indicated for this role. Customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to: Specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting. All employees hired into roles supporting Cloud Offerings will also be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.