The Yammer Redmond team is growing! We seek talented developers to bring to life simple, amazing, and delightful social collaboration experiences in Yammer and Office 365. Yammer empowers individuals in organizations to share ideas, ask questions, and voice concerns. We are passionate about building a great product that people love to use, and we are always on the lookout for product-minded engineers who can empathize with our customers.
We use our own product every day to promote and encourage our culture of openness and transparency.   Services engineering team provides APIs for first party clients like our web and mobile applications, as well as integrating with Office 365 and other third party services. Engineers in our team work iteratively and collaboratively with product managers, designers, frontend engineers and app developers to create the best possible user experience. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to lead and influence engineering and product direction. If this interests you, we’d love to talk!
What we are looking for:
•      5+ years’ experience in building web-services and/or cloud based solutions.
•      Experience building large scale distributed systems.
•      Proficiency with at least one object oriented programming language.
•      Self-driven engineers with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
•      Ability to break down large technical problems and solve them systematically.
•      Enthusiasm to work collaboratively with people across teams.
•      Great communication skills, able to bring forward a vision or opinion with humility.
In this role you will:
•      Collaborate across functional teams and partner teams across Microsoft.
•      Design and build software to achieve rapid scale and reliability.
•      Review code and system designs.
•      Mentor engineers and lead technical discussions.
•      Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
•      These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
-Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
ABOUT YAMMER:   Companies around the world use Yammer to allow their employees to communicate and collaborate openly. This makes workplaces more effective and makes employees happier. We know this for a fact, because we’re not only building Yammer- we’re using it every day to do our jobs.   We’re not just building a product, we are trying to change the way people work. So, we need people who are enthusiastic, who ask great questions, and who have strong opinions but aren’t afraid to admit when they’re wrong. At Yammer we hire smart people, expect them to learn and grow, and trust them to make day-to-day decisions.   The Yammer team has folks from a variety of backgrounds, races, ethnicities, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. The Yammer product is used by all kinds of people, so that diversity of experiences is critical to how we develop. We believe in sane work hours, using our vacation time, continuing to learn on the job, and we offer paid parental leave.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.