SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - SECURE INFRASTRUCTURE
Location: Kista / Sweden
Come as you are. Do what you love.
Who are we?
We are part of Enterprise Services Global Domains and are dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Our mission is to drive customer success by making the market, championing and supporting consumption and providing full lifecycle support. As we transform our business to deliver on this mission we have a unique opportunity to enable our customers’ innovation and growth in a mobile first – cloud first world.
The Global Domains are aligned by technology to create agile delivery teams - Secure Infrastructure is the biggest of the five core technical domains that have been formed, we cover 20+ Products including Azure Infrastructure, Windows Server, Windows Client, System Centre, Hyper-V, VMM, Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure RMS, Devices & Application Management, Cyber, and Security & Identity.
What will you do?
Project Managers are vital roles within Services tasked with taking ownership for delivery of one or more technology projects for our clients. You will be responsible for delivery execution and predictable, successful high quality of delivery (accomplished on time, on budget and per agreed scope) resulting in good customer satisfaction.   Typical project budgets will be around $1 million and a virtual team size between 5-30 resources. Not all projects are huge in terms of budget or size but they are all complex and vary immensely depending on the technology being deployed, client and scope of work.
Engagements with Microsoft Services range from two weeks to three years, encompassing anything from enterprise consulting to infrastructure architecture to large scale applications development. Typical projects that you will be responsible for managing will be larger and longer projects, 6-12 months in duration. Put simply, your role will be to deliver & delight our customers and enable them to realise their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
The role requires circa 60-80% travel to and from our customer sites, this will be predominantly in the country you are based, but potentially across EMEA.   This can be from just one or two days a week to full time at our customer sites.
Who are you?
•   Core project management skills. You have solid core Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality & budget.
•   Technology. You will need to rely on your experience delivering complex, technical projects (ideally IT infrastructure projects) and the unique challenges faced with these types of projects. Specific technology is not so important (ideally Microsoft) but a good breadth of knowledge is essential.
•   Flexibility & adaptability. This is a hands-on project management role and will suit those individuals who are passionate about detailed project management. We need those prepared & motivated to get involved and rely on initiative, tenacity and focus to get projects across the line, exceeding expectations.
•   Impact. You can make things happen –   you will need to re-plan, come up with fresh ideas, start again and stay positive when the pressure mounts. You will be communicating with senior stakeholders with very high expectations and we look for those focussed on outcomes and deliverables.
•   IT delivery experience within an IT services/consulting company where you have delivered customer facing projects as part of an external IT service, in the role of day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, deliverables.
•   Excellent communications (up / down / peers)
•   Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
•   Executive relationship management
•   Customer obsession
•   Passion for technology: experience in either infrastructure, cloud and security is essential
•   PMI PMP (or alike) Certified Project Manager desirable
•   Fluent in Swedish and English
What’s the deal?
Our Microsoft offices are state of the art and providing great facilities like on site gym, restaurants, prayer rooms and crèche.
Microsoft has a flexible working culture and on an average week your time could be split between the office, customer sites and working from home. We foster an inclusive work culture that celebrates diversity. We are proud to share some real-life insight Microsoft Services @ http://bit.ly/14Q4eel Inspired
Naturally we off all the benefits you would expect from Microsoft, as well as competitive salary, there is also a flexi benefits program that you can shape to your family and lifestyle preferences!
Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.