Are you a creative, self-motivated Services professional with experience shaping, negotiating and closing deals for the greatest impact?   If so, the Commercial Manager – East Region position may be right for you. Proactivity, creativity, and out of the box thinking, balanced with grounding final deals soundly from a compliance and risk standpoint, will be critical in this role within the Services Business Desk (SBD).
Services Business Desk (SBD) is responsible for establishing and implementing standards for services business practices from both an operational and project engagement perspective. Within this workgroup are transactional specialists focusing on business practices in Services transactions.
The Commercial Manager is a senior transactional role, engaged in driving commercial Microsoft Services transformational deals from inception to closure. The role:
•      Actively partners with sales and engagement teams for the development of Services engagement proposals and their presentation to customers.
•      Shapes deals to minimize risk and to maximize profitability.
•      Frames deals to maximize wins.
•      Is a single point of empowerment for Services contract negotiation, defines and executes the negotiation strategy and provides visibility to contractual concessions and requirements via handoff to Delivery teams. Provides obligation management in services delivery.
•      Captures best practices in deal shaping, contract formation and obligation management.
Additional role specific attributes include the Following:
•      Results Driven: Accountable for engagement in a minimum of 12 transformational deals per year, closing a minimum of 6 such deals.
•      Decision Making: Identify contractual, financial and delivery risk, negotiate within broad empowerments to minimize risk to Microsoft, formulate and implement risk mitigation in services delivery practice.   The Commercial Manager is given broad empowerments, to make key risk concessions for Microsoft in Services contracts.   The Commercial Manager is comfortable with high level of empowerment
•      Strategy and Development: The Commercial Manager engages early in the deal lifecycle to support development of sales strategy.   Partners with Account Executive, Strategic Transformation Lead, Services Executive, and Engagement Manager throughout the lifecycle and leads negotiation strategy development and implementation The Commercial Manager is responsible for framing, socializing and landing complex workloads with potential customers
•      Trusted advisor: Engages both internally and with Customer at executive level to discuss deal, risks and get to mutually acceptable closure.   Provides significant advice and guidance to Services Sales management, Delivery Managers, Services Executives and field sales.   Contributes to deal qualification and eal approval activities, preparing opportunity or risk analysus documentation for reviewers (such as Opportunity Review Board or Approval).   Confident and decisive, able to balance risk and business need
•      Communications & Relationships Coordinates Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs, Intellectual Property, Privacy, and other internal Microsoft deal support to identify and mitigate risks in Services contracts.   Drafts Services contracts.   Documents contractual obligations in deal delivery, provides documentation of obligations and obligations management to HQ repository.   Collects and documents best practices and lessons learned in transactions, enters in KM tool for such purpose.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•      Adaptability: Shifts approach in response to the demands of a changing situation
•      Collaboration: Removes barriers by working with others around a customer benefit
•      Drive for Results: Translates Microsoft strategy and customer needs in to negotiating and contracting strategy
•      Influencing for impact: Acts as a trusted resource and advisor for all opportunity stakeholders
•      Value Selling: Uses knowledge of the value created by the solution and the needs of the customer to prepare an effective negotiation strategy
•      Experience: Minimum 10 years’ contracts negotiation experience with no less than 5 years specifically in Information Technology contracting.
•      Training and Certifications:
MBA or JD preferred.   IACCM certified expert or higher level commercial management required.
Location and Travel - this role can be based anywhere in the United States and travel will be approximately 30%, or as the needs of the business require.
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.