At Skype, our vision is to re-humanize communications “from the living room to the boardroom.”   People are at the center of this vision.   All day, every day, we are all simultaneously consumers and professionals, friends, family and colleagues - and our communications technologies need to move between these dimensions as seamlessly as we do.   Skype and Skype for Business have transformed the way people communicate and collaborate in real time, using rich multi-modal communications, from consumers all the way to the largest enterprises in the world.
The Skype for Business Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about software designs, end-user scenarios and programmability. You will take on challenging problems in building scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant real time communication platform services that cater to multi-tenant applications.   The work also involves a broad array of technologies including, but not limited to, Azure, ASP.Net, VoIP, SIP.   In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of solutions that support rapid growth, autonomous recovery and global scale. You must be capable of taking a data driven approach to problem solving and find the best solution for a technical problem whether it be to leverage or extend an existing middleware or build it from scratch. You must have a proven track record spanning all aspects of software development life cycle. Experience in designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems software either as on-premise servers or as cloud services is highly desirable. Experience in Azure is a plus.
Essential attributes and competencies include:
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- Expertise in developing complex, large scale software in C#, C++ or equivalent languages
- Track record of delivering products, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality
- Proficiency in unit-testing and other validation techniques
- Ability to drive and manage technical and architectural dependencies across multiple partner teams
- Ability to work closely with team members to collaborate on innovative solutions
- Self-driven, pro-active, results-oriented and ability to work with minimal direction
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of software development experience building server/service applications
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.