The Skype Infrastructure team within the OPG organization, is all about lighting up the cloud for the next generation of Skype services for our end users. The Service Engineering team is looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced Senior Service Engineer to play a key role in planning, design architecture, & influencing highly available, reliable, and secure services that are critical to the success of Skype, and reestablishes Microsoft as a leader in real-time communications & collaboration.
The ideal candidate has a passion for enabling highly available services, developing enterprise-scale engineering processes, contributing to the team success, and cross-group collaboration working as part of a larger team to deliver results. You will make an impact by driving and implementing service engineering improvements. This role will be highly integrated with the development discipline as part of a team accountable for every component of the system and every aspect of end to end quality.
Qualified candidates will have experience creating tools to run the Livesite and providing data driven insights to help operate & efficiently run highly available and reliable end user services, hands-on experience as an engineer running online services based on Microsoft   technologies(Azure, Windows, Debugging tools), a deep understanding of ITIL/MOF operational principles.
Additional qualifications include experience in the mobile industry, experience with Test tools, experience with Microsoft operational tools and processes, knowledge of Six Sigma methodology. Roles and Responsibilities:
• Actively engage early in the service lifecycle interfacing with designer architects and leads to influence service readiness
• Own serviceability, reliability and quality, measure service health and influence service KPIs for services
• Work across disciplines to design secure and resilient service architectures across platform services and standardize topologies. Deliver and contribute to site availability, reliability and sustainability
• 5+ years’ experience in supporting the service design, development, and uptime of 24 x 7 enterprise systems.
• Experience with internet application architecture, load balancing, firewalls, NAT, Internet and routing protocols(HTTP, HTTP/2, ASLB, SIP, UDP)
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals(DNS, SSL, MTLS), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting, switching/routing concepts, and configuration of Load Balancers as well as Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
• Experience in performance monitoring, troubleshooting and site management for client/server architectures, particularly in Windows Server 2012, IIS, and troubleshooting tools such as LogParser, Netmon, HTTPWatch, WinDBG, WireShark and other open source tooling.
• Experience with Azure a plus
• Experience with Telecommunication industry a plus
• Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, and supporting multi-tiered services, particularly with a focus on operability.
• Design, implementation, and operation of geo-redundant online systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems/Electrical engineering desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.