Do you want to be a key part of the engineering team that is defining how users interact with new hardware and devices? Windows Shell team is looking for a Software Engineer lead who is passionate user experience. You will lead a team of developers to deliver break through user experiences. Our role is to bridge the gap between hardware, software, and apps, and to help ensure we deliver the whole product end to end for our customers.
Ideal candidate (You)
We are looking for an individual who is obsessive about user experience, willing to take risk, fail fast when necessary. Additionally, we are looking for a great collaborator and someone who can develop great partnerships across Microsoft to help deliver end to end user experiences in partnership across Microsoft.   You should be a principled decision maker with creative problem solving skills, willing to take risky bets with an ability to adapt and take the team to do work wherever necessary to ship a compelling customer experience.
Attributes & responsibilities include a demonstrated track record for:
- 7+ Years of experience in software development
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to attract, manage and grow a team including exceptional individuals.
- Data driven decision making.
- Maintain the team culture which emphasizes serious fun at work, one which rewards people for taking the right bets irrespective of the outcome, nurtures learning.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven with a high tolerance to ambiguity
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Human/computer interaction
- Client UX development
- Experience working with new hardware products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.