In the mobile-first, cloud-first world Windows Mobile remains an important and strategic piece for Microsoft. We are uniquely positioned to support our Enterprise customers, OEM and Mobile partners who continue to invest in our platform and the consumers who are adapting connectivity scenarios like Continuum. An agile and nimble organization is being created in the Windows and Devices Group (WDG) to support this charter and deliver on the security, manageability features for Enterprises and consumers and be part of the cutting-edge long term investments in Mobile.
Mobile team is looking for a technical Program Manager to drive the design and delivery of core client platform features on Windows Mobile. You will be contributing to a wide range of Mobile platform features, from device management, updatability, security features and drivers to managing quality flights and customer communication. You will be part of a strong team that will execute on the high priority platform feature for Windows Mobile that will be used by our Enterprise partners, OEMs and consumers.
Your responsibilities include:
• Working closely with Enterprises, Field support and hardware teams in the Windows division to define the priorities for Windows Mobile platform
• Driving end-to-end scenarios and requirements for the feature and partnering with the dev team on execution and delivery.
• Owning the functional specification, API design and development experience.
• Validating the platform feature changes through close partnership with Enterprise deployments, Customer communication, flighting and internal validation
• Partner with the WDG core teams for feature design, dependencies and implementing and porting to Mobile.
Expectations and experience:
• Minimum 3 years of experience shipping software
• Knowledge of the Mobile system architecture, BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience) are required.
• Demonstrated success in driving cross-team partnerships
• Proven track record of delivering excellent results with positive customer impact
• Strong written & verbal and cross-group communication skills are key
• A demonstrably deep passion for system design and mobile technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.