Are you a talented and experienced Senior Online Engineer who is passionate about delivering a best in class networked gameplay experience and online features for one of the biggest AAA franchises out there?
As a candidate, you should understand and have experience with the requirements and issues of games networking and should be able to make appropriate engineering decisions to meet requirements and mitigate issues.
•      You will be essential to our goal of delivering a fantastic, best-of-industry networking architecture.
•      You will be responsible for implementing the multiplayer game experience in partnership with design and engineering teams.
•      Work closely with Online Client & Services team to ensure online solutions meet software requirements and integrate effectively with the overall game.
•      Work closely with Online Designers, consulting on online technical considerations and ensuring solutions meet the design requirements.
•      Experience shipping current generation AAA console and PC games.
•      BA/BSC in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
•      Experience with high level / object oriented languages (C++, C#).
•      At least 5 years of professional C++ experience.
•      Low-level networking experience including sockets, TCP/UDP, bandwidth optimization and messaging (reliable and unreliable).
•      Game-specific networking experience including object replication, client-server and peer-to-peer architectures, server migration, time sync, prediction, QoS, VOIP.
•      - Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded, networked environment.     Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience.
•      Experience developing: Sign-in flow, Match Making, leaderboards, VOIP a plus.
•      Experience supporting live online operations post launch a plus.
•      Web Services & RESTful architectures experience a plus.
•      Experience building online services for web or game applications a plus.
•      Experience with UGC and DLC a plus.
•      Experience with Xbox Live networking a plus.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.   Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.