Our goal is to showcase how emerging technologies can work together to provide easy to use and highly scalable solutions: how Internet of Things devices come together to be more than a sum of their parts; how data science and machine learning can shed new light on complex problems, how NUI technology, from Kinect to speech recognition, can unlock magical experiences for customers; or how new devices like HoloLens can expand the realm of what’s possible, and help people envision the future of their business. Storytelling is an equally big focus for our team.   We tell the story of our projects and code via blog posts, white papers, videos, social media, and speaking at developer conferences - our projects aren’t over until we’ve shown other developers how they can build on what we’ve learned. With teams based in London, Finland, Israel, Silicon Valley, Boston, New York and Redmond, we strive to share our experience and knowledge with developers everywhere, contributing and enriching the worldwide developer community.
This candidate will be responsible for:
•      Hands on software development and design to unlock ground breaking business and tech opportunities for partners and developer communities
•      Generalizing learnings from partner work to the tech community (open source code, technical writeups, conference presentations)
•      Developing deep relationships to open source communities, startups and enterprises
•      Pushing experience based and partner originated feedback to Microsoft product teams
•      Driving new ways of thinking across Microsoft improve quality, engineering productivity and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
The ideal candidate will have:
•      Minimum of 1 year of experience in software development
•      Demonstrated deep and practical software engineering expertise with solid engineering fundamentals
•      Practical understanding as well as hands-on development experience in some cloud/client/data engineering technology or domain. (For example: machine learning, high scale data pipelines, blockchain, IoT, microservices, computer vision, conversational interfaces, mobile clients or virtual / augmented reality)
•      Active presence and a good reach in relevant tech communities and social media
•      Ability to work independently with high impact results
•      Great communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
•      Great decision-making skills, conflict resolution and follow through.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.