Principal Group Manager   - Simplygon Studios
Are you passionate about Windows 10? Are you itching to get your hands on new and innovative hardware powered by Windows? Do you want to help build the set of applications that light up key experiences for hundreds of millions of customers?
Windows NEXT is creating the world's most advanced experiences across our devices. Together you can help us make an impact on real people, helping them connect the physical world to the digital world in their own creative way while getting the most out of productive, artistic and fun devices - PC, Phone, Tablet, XBox, Surface Hub and HoloLens.
We aspire to create without fear, to lead by doing, be curious and keep learning, collaborate and help others succeed.
We are looking for a Studio Manager for our Simplygon studio to run a cross discipline team responsible for helping drive Windows NEXT 3D for Everyone initiative focused on making it easy to capture, create and share in 3D.
The Studio Manager for Simplygon will be responsible for working across both Windows NEXT as well as Microsoft to bring 3D data-optimization to our customers across the world.
- Drive engineering efforts across Windows NEXT and Windows Devices Group.
- Identify, document, communicate, and build consensus around a set of services investments and scenarios across multiple internal and external partners.
- Make challenging trade-offs between product features, schedules, and resources.
- Drive definition and approval of metrics to understand consumer relationships with content and services to deliver improved experiences.
- Design long-term solutions to support robust user scenarios with excellent performance, all while optimizing utilization and cost.
- Partner with multiple internal teams to develop execution plans. This includes influencing, as well as being influenced by, software and hardware partners across Microsoft developing additional components related to the overall product investment.
- Manage a cross-discipline team helping set strategy and define product vision,
You are a great fit if you:
- Have a demonstrated ability to align a team behind a customer-focused vision and deliver against that plan.
Are hard-working, self-critical, a great collaborator, and a have a passion for taking on huge challenges.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with a desire to inspire change and cross-org impact.
- Have experience developing and utilizing telemetry-based data to drive decisions and improve the product and services.   Use strategic and creative thinking to solve complex problems, resolve our dependencies, and drive innovation.   Have excellent written and verbal communications.
- Are passionate about managing and leading a world-class team.
- Start-up experience, cross-discipline and remote location management.
- Knowledge in one or more technology domains: 3D, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality, computer vision, rendering, console development, mobile development, multiple hardware platforms, machine learning, networking, audio.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in program management, development or related area for a large to mid-scale scale team or company.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.