What the role entails
As Privacy Manager, you will undertake technical privacy reviews to ensure the privacy rights and expectations of our customers are met across our product offerings in Skype Consumer, Skype for Business, GroupMe and Microsoft Teams.
You will ensure Skype customers have the tools necessary for effective privacy management and that all aspects of our products meets Microsoft privacy standards.
You will work closely with our engineering teams to drive implementation of data privacy requirements, undertake privacy reviews of projects, third party integrations, promote awareness of internal privacy standards and requirements, and encourage their consistent adoption.
Based in Prague, London or Redmond with some travel to other Skype sites.
- Initiate privacy reviews with development teams, advise on required remedial action.
- Monitor and validate controls to ensure that systems, documentation, and processes are compliant with internal privacy standards, GDPR and other data privacy regulations.
- Measure and track privacy activity and describe privacy posture for each development team.
- Privacy issue logging and resolution plans.
- Create and deliver a technical training programme to raise awareness of relevant privacy standards and our obligations towards our customers.
- Provide practical guidance for key operational and technical privacy issues.
- Act as internal first point of contact for all technical privacy issues relating to Skype’s product.
- Privacy incident management.
- Subject access request management.
- Work with the legal team and other privacy managers to maintain awareness of current and potential future privacy requirements relevant to Skype’s product offering.
- Provide creative, strategic technical solutions to minimize business impact.
- Educate third parties on our privacy requirements, and conduct periodic audits to measure compliance.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting technical privacy assessments in a global consumer or technology-focused organization.
- Solid experience of consumer privacy issues: electronic marketing, advertising, data retention, consumer privacy policies.
- Experience of managing privacy programmes from inception to operation, including privacy risk and compliance management, metrics tracking, privacy training development and deployment, incident management.
- At least a bachelor degree or equivalent engineering experience
- Experience in information security is strongly desired.
- Deals well with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Is confident in identifying and solving complex technical privacy challenges
- Functional/ technical skills.
- Recognized data privacy certification (Certified Information Privacy Professional/ IT)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), ISC2
- Expert knowledge of GDPR