Many millions of users depend on Skype, Skype for Business and now Teams for every day instant messaging, conferencing, app sharing and more. In the Skype Infrastructure team, we are building a massively scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant system that allows users and administrators to easily manage the system. This information must be available for many other services to consume at very high rates and with very low latency. It also allows the internal engineering teams to change the behavior of their services, manage controlled rollouts and conduct experiments.
Building and running services at scale for Office 365 is not easy, but it is a lot of fun and rewarding. We are always looking for smart, passionate engineers to help us do it. This opportunity will allow you to make a broad positive impact that could include building appealing IT Pro user experiences, solving complex algorithmic problems, forging real time troubleshooting tools via complex data models, evolving our data replication mechanisms, streamlining our monitoring systems or even enabling intricate business/engineering processes.
We want you because you have an insatiable passion for technology, your constant intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn, your ability to communicate well in a team environment, your desire to make our team better with your contributions and of course your ability to deliver the right results at the right time.
We're looking for engineers that have:
- Involvement in designing, implementing and shipping complex enterprise software products/services
- Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code and to tests & debug it.
- Involvement building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
-Experience working in broad teams with modern version control systems like Git.
- Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability and engineering excellence.
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates.
- Superb communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas.
- A passion for software design with a talent for solving complex technical problems.
- The ability to work with more senior engineers to help you grow your own career.
- 3-5 years of programming experience in C++, C#, Java is necessary.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of building developer platform services and/or developer API is highly desired.
- Domain expertise in PSTN, telephony, and VOIP technologies is a plus but not required.
About Us:   The Skype Team is a premier product and development team with offices based in Redmond as well as locations in Bellevue and Vancouver, Canada.   We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment within a culture that always embraces new challenges while encouraging mentorship and evolved learning.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.