Cryogenic Electrical Characterization Engineer Location:   Purdue, Indiana
Looking for the ultimate role that helps define the future? Are you passionate about driving innovation and make a profound impact? This is a unique E role working at our Station Q Purdue location, in Purdue Indiana. As a company, we are exploring, researching, and engineering what the future of Quantum Computing might look like. Station Q, Santa Barbara is the virtual hub of our Quantum effort original quantum research center. In recent years, it has been joined by a quantum architecture and algorithms group (QuarC), in Redmond, Washington and a number of affiliated research and engineering groups including Station Q Purdue and across the globe. We are on the cusp of an accelerated effort in quantum computing and this position is an opportunity to get in at the start of this new intense phase.
We are seeking a Cryogenic Electrical Characterization Engineer at Station Q Purdue housed within the Birck Nanotechnology Center at Purdue University.   Station Q Purdue is focused on development hybrid semiconductor-superconductor systems for topological quantum computing.
Engineering responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•      mobility and density measurements of two-dimensional electron gases at T=4K and below
•      operation and maintenance of both wet and dry cryogenic refrigeration systems including systems operating at T=0.3K and T=20mK
•      electronics trouble-shooting, and computer-controlled data collection.
•      3 years of experience with low temperature electrical measurements is required
•      A bachelor’s degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering or allied field is a minimum
•      Demonstrated ability to interface computers with electrical measurement hardware is required
•      Previous experience with the operation of a dilution refrigerator is highly desired
•      Applicants need to demonstrate basic understanding of electron transport in semiconductors
•      A successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work productively within a goal-oriented team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.