Global Marketing LeadMicrosoft Startup Growth Partners
Are you immersed in the global startup scene, passionate about storytelling and experienced in developing and executing global marketing plans?   Microsoft Startup Growth Partners has an exciting opportunity for a senior marketing manager to raise the profile and influence of our world-class global accelerator program.   This role will drive our marketing plan and guide the global team in executing on defined marketing priorities.   This role will be a significant contributor to Microsoft’s all-up story and marketing strategy with startups, working in close partnership with our DX Evangelism and Communications partners.
We have built a strong platform of Microsoft Accelerators globally that have achieved results consistent with other top-tier programs.   This role is critical in building the program’s awareness and influence inside and outside of Microsoft. This role will also regularly engage and support the accelerator startups as a mentor and SME.
Finally, the position requires qualities all successful entrepreneurs possess – tenacious, nimble, scrappy, focused, creative - while understanding how to work within Microsoft.
• Develop and execute the fiscal year global accelerator marketing priorities and execution plan
• Provide leadership and guidance to accelerators to execute global marketing messages in their local marketing activities and manage a monthly marketing cadence with accelerators
• Contribute to Microsoft’s startup story and positioning of Microsoft and the accelerators in the startup ecosystem in partnership with the Evangelism team
• Source and amplify startup success stories through the DX Evidence process to raise the profile of Microsoft in key startup ecosystems and attract later stage startups to the accelerator
• Partner with Evangelism team and Product marketing teams to execute marketing campaigns designed to showcase global startup wins
• Partner and liaise with DX Evangelism, Comms and Corp PR on defining startup PR plan and editorial calendar and coordinate execution of PR activities
• Manage accelerator website and editorial roadmap
• Develop social strategy and manage social channels
• Partner with DX team on startup event strategy and coordinate accelerator execution
• Identify and manage co-marketing opportunities and partnerships to maximize our efforts
• Act as mentor and SME to startups, particularly in the areas of brand strategy, marketing channels, social media
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Results driven, highly accountable, and effective at driving projects forward amongst a rapidly changing business
• First class communication and presentation skills
• Creative prowess
• Thrives on cross-group collaboration and navigating cross-functional environment
• Passion for delivering exceptional experiences
• Hands-on experience in marketing through multiple channels: email, mobile, web, and other digital channels, and understanding of analytics
• Strong strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action. A successful candidate needs to be able to develop a strategy and execution plan that drives impact.
• Experience working in global roles
• BA/BS in marketing, business or related field
• 5-7 years of marketing related experience
• digital, social, video production experience preferred
• Exceptional project manager
• Ability to use impact and influence to drive success across the business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.