The Decision Service (http://aka.ms/mwt ) team is hiring.
We are creating a new paradigm for machine learning focused on directly addressing real-world decision making.   Our efforts span core learning theory, algorithms, systems, economics, and practical production deployments which have proved dramatically effective---they affect millions of people daily.
The Decision Service is a machine learning system for making context-based decisions.   The system supports a full cycle of exploration, logging, training, and deployment in production. Built as a cloud service in Azure, the system is widely applicable, modular, and easy to use with open source components.   The Decision Service is the only reinforcement-based learning system which is widely usable in the world.
Do you want to help us build the future?   We are taking the next step to create an enterprise ready service and are looking for a broad range of skills including the ability to work at the UI, component, or system level, with the ability to single-handedly engineer complex software from scratch to a polished, ship-quality deliverable.   Highly productive experience building new things is a requirement.
• Bachelor degree or an advanced degree (Master, PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, mathematics, or related field (or combination of education and experience)
• 8+ years of software engineering experience, including testing and deploying iterative releases of software systems.
• Software development skills in C, C++ or C# and ability to produce maintainable and reusable code.
• Experience in large scale data processing, machine learning.
• Experience in applying, implementing, and/or developing algorithms for machine learning, artificial intelligence, or statistics.
• Excellent communication skills and the desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience in building web services and Azure technologies.
This is a unique project in the world, in a unique environment, with a unique potential to change the way machine learning is done and the way that companies and people use computers.   The Decision Service is what you get when you combine the creative scientific long-term thought from MSR with the platform of Azure and deep connections to product groups.   You will work with a team of researchers and developers creating the future together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.