Software Development Engineer II - Dynamics Job
If you are a highly motivated, talented individual with passion for development tools and practices, and want to be part of creating a world class engineering system, we have a great role for you.
Over the last 18 months, the Dynamics NAV team has made significant improvements in our engineering systems by bringing down build and check-in times and at the same time dramatically scale up the amount of pre-checkin validation, i.e automated tests, that runs on every code change.
The Dynamics NAV Infrastructure team owns and develop the infrastructure needed for the development teams. This includes everything from source control, gated check-in system, nightly builds, functional test lab, stress test lab, performance test lab, to hosted development environments.
Our job is to make the engineers in our organization as effective as possible. We do this by making builds faster, provide better tooling, scaling out check-in and test execution systems, provide accurate test results from lab runs, analyze code changes, etc.
On every code change, we execute about 400.000 automated tests cases before allowing the code into the repository. After the daily build completes, we execute another 8000 automated end to end tests, and also automated performance tests and stress tests. This requires sophisticated systems and a lot of computational resources. With your help, we'll look into further improving these systems and the efficiency of our development teams.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop, own and maintain part of the gated check-in system
- Drive the design, coding and test of new features
- Hands on prototyping, coding and test of specific concepts and functionality
- Analyze systems statistics to identify opportunities and possibilities
- Staying on top of engineering systems trends in the industry, new versions of tools and systems, and feed back into our organization
- Collaborate with developers and teams within our organization to identify gaps, inefficiencies and drive improvements.
- BS/MS or advance degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Passion for engineering systems
- Deep technical skills in data and object modelling
- Hands on experience with an object oriented high-level language such as C#/C++/Java, and with a broad range of development, analytical and test skills.
- Has shipped commercial software products in the past
- Ability to work and influence across groups is essential
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, & presentation) are required
We offer you:
- A dynamic, international workplace with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A professional environment characterized by flexibility, team work, an informal atmosphere and a fast pace
- A workplace in Microsoft’s largest development Center in EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) situated in Copenhagen, Denmark
- An attractive compensation package including support for relocating to Denmark
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief