Microsoft Candidate Travel Policy
- Microsoft assumes no obligation to reimburse candidates for expenses that are not in compliance with this policy. Candidates who do not comply with this travel policy may be subject to delay or withholding of reimbursement.
- Candidates who do not comply with this travel policy may be subject to delay or withholding of reimbursement.
Parking fees at airport facilities, taxi fares: home to/from airport, airport to hotel, airport to Microsoft campus or hotel to Microsoft campus. Personal mileage is reimbursed at the current US IRS standard mileage rate at 58 cents per mile. Miscellaneous gratuities - 20%. If you rent a car, Microsoft encourages you to refuel the vehicle prior to returning and expensing the fuel cost.
- Breakfast $15 USD or equivalent currency per day (including beverages, tax and gratuity)
- Lunch $20 USD or equivalent currency per day (including beverages, tax and gratuity)
- Dinner $40 USD or equivalent currency per day (including beverages, tax and gratuity)
- Ferry tickets
- Limousine, town car or shuttle service charges
- Tickets for events (museums, sporting events, theatre)
- Do not admit liability.
- Notify the local police and obtain a copy of the police report if one is written.
- If there is no police report, note the following things: name, badge number and department of the investigating police officer; time and location of the accident; estimated speed of the vehicle(s); visibility; traffic, road and weather conditions; other driver's name, address, phone number, driver's and car license numbers, registration and insurance information; the names addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses; description of damage to car and other property; extent of injuries, if any.
- Call the car rental agency even if the damage does not appear visible.
- Obtain the names, addresses and vehicle information from other drivers and vehicles involved; note the time and location of the accident; and record the names, telephone numbers and vehicle licenses of any witnesses.
- Fill out a rental car accident form even if the damage does not appear visible (usually located in the glove box of the rental car). Failure to fully complete the rental company accident form voids the loss damage waiver and other protections.
- Airline upgrade certificates
- Alcohol or mini-bar charges
- Baby-sitting and childcare
- Barber, hair stylist, manicurist and other grooming costs
- Briefcases and luggage
- Family / partner accompanying traveler
- Frequent flyer award tickets
- Free flight, hotel or car rental coupons
- Gambling losses
- Hotel upgrades
- Laundry or dry-cleaning charges
- Massage and other spa charges
- Magazines or newspapers
- Personal aircraft or non-approved aircraft charter expenses
- Personal credit charge card fees and interest charges
- Personal entertainment including:
- Movie, videos or DVD rentals in hotel room
- Movie theatre tickets
- Earphones in flight
- Pet-boarding expenses
- Sports and Social Club (golf, country, tennis clubs) dues and memberships
- Supplemental rental automobile insurance including but not limited to:
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
- LDW (Loss Damage Waiver)
- PAI (Personal Accident Insurance)
- PEC (Personal Effects Coverage)
- LIS (Liability Insurance Coverage)
- Traffic, speeding and parking tickets
- Travel expenses for other individuals
- Trip or flight insurance