High school internship programs
Find inspiration, plan for college, and empower your future with Microsoft's high school internship programs. Get hands-on experience and on-the-job learning as you work on technology projects that make a difference in people's lives around the world.
Summer high school internship
This paid 10-week summer program offers an exciting opportunity to work side-by-side with software engineering teams on real Microsoft technical projects. Get valuable experience, contribute to meaningful work, and receive support from a mentor (eligible only for students in Western Washington).
High school boot camp
This 3-day summer program provides an enriching environment to learn more about the software engineering field. Participate in challenging yet achievable projects designed to encourage high school juniors and seniors to pursue STEM fields of study (eligible only for students in Western Washington).
Do real work on your way to finding what you love to do. High school is a critical time for making future career choices. Explore Microsoft's unique culture and learn about the exciting opportunities that a STEM career can offer.
- High school juniors and seniors in Western Washington
- Have demonstrated an interest in technology
- Be at least 16 years old and have a legal right to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship (not required for the high school boot camp)
- Be available to work full-time for 10 consecutive weeks (June 24 - August 30, 2019), all 3 days of the High School Bootcamp (TBD), or all 6 weeks of the Minecraft camp (TBD).
- All high school students in Western Washington are welcome to apply. We strongly encourage underrepresented groups to apply, including women, Native Americans, African-Americans, Latino/Hispanics, and students with disabilities.